Professional teeth whitening in Calgary is a significantly thriving dental service. It is the most popular dental service to date. Yes, you can make your own teeth white in the comforts of your home. However, the effect of these homemade remedies is not as evident as the teeth whitening procedures done in dental clinics.
Professional teeth whitening service use large doses of bleaching agents, which provide you with immediate results. If you think such procedures could be harmful to your health, think again. The teeth whitening procedure is done under monitored conditions so they are safe and pain-free for patients.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
If you would like to avail of teeth whitening service in Calgary you should take note that doing so provides many benefits. Firstly, the results of this professional procedure yield immediate results. Meaning, if you went to the dentist now and have your teeth whitened, you will find that your choppers will look whiter right after the session.
Add to this, teeth whitening is the safest type of bleaching teeth. Recently, thicker peroxide gels were invented. The new products are safe to use on people with sensitive teeth and gums.
Drawbacks of Professional Teeth Whitening
Let us start with the obvious. Professional teeth whitening services are more expensive compared to the remedies you can do at home.Teeth whitening in a dental clinic could make you splurge around $650. This is significantly higher compared to the take-home tray, provided by the clinic. This tray usually costs $400. On the other hand, teeth whitening trays which van be both easily over the counter may cost less than $100.
Professional teeth whitening results vary from one patient to another. Specific factors affect the result. You age may have an effect on the treatment, so does heredity and the stain type found in the teeth.
Teeth whitening is a temporary service. Your teeth may go back to its original color a few times after you visited the dentist. Stains will start to build up again. This is why dentists usually suggest home maintenance with low percentage bleach.
Stains Eliminated by Professional Teeth Whitening
You may not have heard of it yet but there are certain types of stains which can be removed by teeth whitening procedure. These are:
- Aging Stains. Your teeth age as you age. They may relatively darken even if you constantly brush them thrice a day. This discoloration can be removed through teeth whitening.
- Food Stains. You already know that certain types of food stain your teeth. At times, brushing cannot improve the discoloration caused by these foods so it will be best for you to go to the dentist.
- Tobacco Stains. If you smoke, the discoloration caused by tobacco can be eliminated with the dental service.
Stains Resistant to Professional Teeth Whitening
Inorganic stains do not respond well to professional teeth whitening. The procedure may even worsen the discoloration. Here are some stains that do not respond well to teeth whitening services:
- The dentin darkens when caused by trauma. Therefore, if you still see stains after your appointment with the dentist, don’t take it against him or her. Trauma may be a reason why your teeth won’t get whiter than you imagined.
- Fluoride Overdose. Your teeth might be overexposed to fluoride, which is a key ingredient of toothpastes. When this is the case, the teeth react and this leads to fluorosis, causing discoloration.
- Tetracycline Antibiotics. If you have ingested this medicine while your tooth was forming, you will likely experience darkening of the underlying dentin and tooth enamel.
You can readily go for professional teeth whitening in Calgary since the city has a lot of dental clinics. However, before you avail of the service make sure that you don’t suffer from tooth and gum hypersensitivity. Although the peroxide gel is relatively safe, they may aggravate hypersensitivity. This could lead to more problems in the future.